Care Tips For Your Jewelry
- Have your jewelry cleaned and inspected every 3 to 6 months (depending on frequency of wear).
- Clean jewelry periodically with one part dish soap, 1 part ammonia and 3 parts water. Let soak up to a maximum of 15 minutes; then brush gently with a soft tooth brush. We also sell battery operated ultrasonic cleaners and cleaning solution.
- Do not use toothpaste. If is abrasive and will scratch and leave residue on gold and gems.
- Treat your jewelry with care. It is always best to remove your jewelry when doing dishes, exercising, gardening, or while using strong household cleaners, like bleach.
- Do not expose your jewelry to chlorinated water. This includes swimming in hot tubs and pools. The high level of chlorine will attack the base metals of your jewelry. This leads to discoloration, breakage, and eventually to the loss of stones. Over-exposure to lotions facial cleansers, hair-sprays, and perfumes could lead to the same type of problems.
- Have your jewelry insured.
Have your jewelry appraised every five to seven years to keep up with the current market value